You can borrow/return books and study in the library with a preventive test!10. May 2021
We have great news for you! We know it’s too late and we didn’t believe it would work anymore, but we’re back! The library opens and we see each other live (although still in a fairly limited operation mode). We’ve written the information in the lines you’re about to read, so go for it!
Starting Tuesday, May 11, 2021, the library opens its doors and will be open from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 4PM. The second floor will be ready for you (you can choose books you want to borrow — you do not need to be tested to borrow and return books). You will not lose books from reading room on the 3rd floor. A big bonus for all who prove a negative result of testing for COVID-19 is opportunity to study in our reading room on the 3rd floor.
Lending books and library services
It will be possible to borrow books in the usual way from the open shelf collection and depository of the library at the lending desk in the library. From Tuesday, May 11, it will no longer be possible to order books for picking up, we are returning to the self-service :-).
# How will the 2nd floor (self-service loans) work?
The second floor is ready for you, so you can choose the books you would like to borrow, pick up your reservation, pay fees, process the output protocol etc. However, you can not use computers and the printer. Please follow the following rules:
- there is no obligation to undergo a preventive test in order to visit the second floor,
- please, do not enter without a face covering (a respirator or similar protective equipment) and wear it during your stay in the library,
- please, use compulsorily hand disinfectant when you are entering the library,
- the disinfection is also prepared for you in the library, please use it,
- please, keep safe distance and approach individually and separately to the desk,
- use primarily non-cash method (your credit or student card) when you are paying,
- please listen to the instructions of the librarians at the lending desk (thank you for that).
The books you will borrow may include books from the reading room on the 3rd floor (unless they are not from the Pedagogy Collection). You can borrow these books (unless they are not from the Pedagogy Collection) till June 21, but without the possibility of renewal. You can borrow up to 3 books. Be aware that there is an overdue fine 50 CZK per item per day.
You can borrow up to 15 books at once (10 for external users). Please, keep an eye on the due date (you can find it in your reader’s account) and possibly extend it, if it is possible. We no longer automatically renew books.
# How will the reading room work?
The reading room on the third floor is still closed. But don’t despair. If you need books from the reading room, please contact the librarians at the lending desk on the 2nd floor. They will bring you these books and you can borrow them (we lend these books for a shortened loan period and it is not possible to extend/renew them).
Did you undergo testing? So study in the reading room!
If you prove a negative result of testing for COVID-19 (at the lending desk on the 2nd floor), you have the opportunity to study in our reading room on the 3rd floor. You do not have to reserve a place in the reading room, but you have to follow a few simple rules:
- negative preventive test (the certificate about testing shall be presented at the lending desk on the 2nd floor — information about testing you can find on the university’s website),
- the librarions on the second or third floor will let you into and out of the floor (free movement between the individual floors is not possible),
- you must have a respirator during your stay in the reading room,
- use only selected places to study and work with the computer (please do not change the location of study places and do not manipulate the chairs).
# And what about the 4th floor of the library and library store?
Even though we know that you love our relaxation zone, gauching is really not possible yet. The 4th floor is still closed. The library store with promotional items is closed until further notice.
Please return books to the return machine, which is located on the right side of the ground floor of the U13 building (behind the cloakroom). The U13 building is open every day from 7AM to 8PM.
TBU University Press
The TBU University Press is open from Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 3 PM. You can use online services (e.g. printing and binding of bachelor and diploma thesis). Please write us an e-mail at email@example.com for more information.