First Time at the Library
The TBU Library resides in the University Centre (U13) and has three floors. The main entrance is located on the 2nd floor. Everyone must enter and exit the TBU Library through turnstiles using the ID card of the student/employee/reader.
You can borrow books and textbooks. Daily press, newspapers, and magazines are also available. We provide access to electronic information resources (e-books, e-journals, electronic theses and dissertations, etc.). There are over 200 PCs with internet access, over 500 seats, plenty of other reserved places for laptops, Wi-Fi access (requires registration to the Eduroam network via the TBU website), relaxation rooms, and individual reading rooms in our library.
Opening hours: Monday–Thursday (8 am–7 pm), Friday (8 am–6 pm), Saturday (9 am–2 pm).
You can now study, work, and relax much longer on the 4th floor of our library during the semester. We extended the opening hours of the 4th floor for the whole week! You only need to register in advance at the loan desk on the 2nd floor for access to the floor even outside the ordinary opening hours.
Patrons can register at the lending desk on the 2nd floor. Registration for students and university staff is free; they use their student’s / employee’s card or ISIC to use library services. The walk-in user will pay the registration fee (which is CZK 300 — annual fee and chip card fee) during the registration.
For communication with students and university staff, we will use your university email address (for sending information about ending loan periods, reminders, and reserved books).
- When you want to use the Internet, sit on any unoccupied computer (except computers reserved for searching in the electronic catalog on the left side of the desk) and log in to the university network (STAG login).
- If you have your notebook, you can connect using cable (borrow one at the reference desk) or use the Wi-Fi connection — registration through the TBU Information Technology Centre website.
Borrowing a book
- The open-shelf collection of books and textbooks (textbooks are on the furthest shelves on the left side) is situated on the 2nd floor. You can borrow these documents usually for 30 days. The study room is located on the 3rd floor. You can borrow the documents in the study room only for in-house use (they are marked with a big red ‘S’). Newspapers, magazines, and daily press are on the 4th floor.
- To locate a book, find it in the online catalog, check its availability, and write down its call number (e.g., “678.5/TADMOR, Z.”). This combination of numbers and usually the author’s surname will help you locate the book. When you want to browse the books we have from your branch of science, ask a librarian about the shelf number.
- You can borrow books at the lending services desk (2nd floor) or using the self-checkout machine.
Reservations and depository
- If all copies are lent out (the lending period is 30 days), you can reserve the book after you log in to the catalog – click on the “Request” icon on the left side of the record.
- After logging in, you can ask for documents in the depository via the online catalog (click “Request”). The required documents will be delivered to the reference desk within 15 minutes on all working days until 4 pm.
- You can renew each item twice via the electronic catalog or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Renewal is not possible if another reader reserves the item.
Inter-library loan service (ILL)
- If you don’t find the book you’re looking for in our library, it can be borrowed from any library in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- Available through the Information Resources Portal (login is the same as for STAG). Diploma theses submitted in 2005 and later are stored electronically in the Digital library.
Go to the Information Resources Portal
- You can view online resources outside the university. Remote access: http://proxy.k.utb.cz.
- The list of electronic information resources E-RESOURCES K.UTB provides consolidated information about all the electronic resources available at TBU (access to this list also works from outside the university; you do not need to set up anything).
Go to the e-resources
Printing, copying, scanning
- Multifunctional devices can be found on each floor. You can use all of them for both color or black-and-white printing. Copying and printing are paid services; scanning is free of charge. The credit on your student’s ID card pays for the services. There is also a special scanner for scanning books on the 3rd floor.
Users can also borrow at the information desks on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the library:
- cables for internet connection
- external CD drivers
- chargers for mobile devices
- computer mice