First Time at the Library
The TBU Library resides in University Centre (U13) and has 3 floors. The main entrance is located on the 2nd floor. Everyone must enter and exit the TBU Library through turnstiles using the ID card of student/employee/reader.
You can borrow books and textbooks. Daily press, newspapers and magazines are also available. We provide access to electronic information resources (e-books, e-journals, electronic theses and dissertations etc.). There are over 200 PCs with internet access, over 500 seats equipped with a socket, Wi-Fi access (requires registration to the Eduroam network via the TBU website), relaxation rooms and individual reading rooms in our library. Opening hours: Monday–Thursday (8am–8pm), Friday (8am–6pm), Saturday (8am–2pm).
You can now study, work and relax much longer on the 4th floor of our library during the semester. We extended the opening hours of the 4th floor for the whole week! For access to the floor even outside the ordinary opening hours, you only need to register in advance at the loan desk on the 2nd floor.
Patrons can register at the lending desk on the 2nd floor. The registration for students and university staff is free of charge, they use their student’s / employee’s card or ISIC to use library services. The walk-in user will pay the registration fee (which is CZK 300 — annual fee and chip card fee) during the registration.
For communication with students and university staff, we will use your university e-mail address (for sending information about ending loan period, reminders and reserved books).
- When you want to use the Internet sit down to any unoccupied computer (except computers reserved for serching in the electronic catalogue on the left side of the desk) and log in to the university network (STAG login).
- In case you have your own notebook you can connect using cable (you can borrow one at the reference desk) or use the Wi-Fi connection – registration through the TBU Information Technology Centre website
Borrowing a book
- The open shelf collection of books and textbooks (textbooks are on th furthest shelves on the left side) is situated on the 2nd floor. You can borrow these documents usually for 30 days. The study room is located on the 3rd floor. You can borrow the documents in the study room only for in-house use (they are marked with big red S). Newspapers, magazines and daily press are on the 4th floor.
- To locate a book, find it in the online catalogue, check its availibility and write down its call number (e.g. “678.5/TADMOR, Z.”). This combination of number and usually the author’s surname will help you locate the book. When you just want to browse the books we have from your branch of science, ask a librarian about the shelf number.
- You can borrow books at the lending services desk (2nd floor) or using the self-checkout machine.
- Detailed instructions
Reservations and depository
- If all copies are lent out (lending period is 30 days), you can reserve the book after you log in to the catalogue – click on the “Request” icon on the left side of the record.
- You can ask for documents located in the depository via the online catalogue after logging in (click on “Request”). The required documents will be delivered to the reference desk within 15 minutes on all working days until 4pm.
- Detailed instructions
- Each item can be renewed twice via the electronic catalogue or by contacting us via email at email@example.com. Renewal is not possible if the item is reserved by another reader.
- Detailed instructions
Inter-library loan service (ILL)
- If you don’t find the book you’re looking for in our library, it can be borrowed from any library in the Czech Republic and abroad
- How to order inter-library loan service
- Available through the Information Resources Portal (login is the same as for STAG). Diploma theses submitted in 2005 and later are stored in electronic form in the Digital library.
- Literature search service: We can prepare a list of all literature published on the requested topic (particularly in international databases) for you. This is a paid service.
- Online resources can be viewed outside the university. Remote access: http://proxy.k.utb.cz.
Printing, copying, scanning
- There are three printers in our library (all include a xerox and a scanner). The first one is located on the open shelf collection floor, the second one is on the study room floor and the third one is on the second study room floor. You can use all of them for both colour or black and white printing. Copying and printing are paid services, scanning is free of charge. The services are paid for by the credit on your student’s ID card.
- How to print
- How to copy
- How to scan
Users can also borrow at the information desks on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the library:
- cables for internet connection
- external CD drivers
- chargers for mobile devices
- computer mice