Do you want a book? So write us! Here is how22. November 2020
Our doors are still closed, but nothing will stop us from helping you. Do you need to borrow a book? Or do you want to return it? It is not a problem. From Monday, November 23, you can write to us and we will prepare books for you. You just let us know when you will come. Everything has its rules. So read them carefully. We start right here.
Borrowing books from the library
The library and its floors is still closed. Nevertheless, we will borrow you books. Do you ask how? You can simply order books in advance by e-mail. Then, it is necessary to make an appointment with us and pick up the books. What are rules for ordering books (we ask you very much to follow them)?
- Click on our catalogue to find books you would like to borrow.
- Write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of books you would like to prepare (just copy the book citation from the catalogue or copy URL link), your card number (mostly 28xxxxxxxxx) and your name and surname (you can add some nice message eventually :-)).
- Wait for us to reply to you that everything is ready to be picked up.
- When we write to you, you can pick them up on a pre-arranged day and time at the reception in the U13 building. You can pick up your books during working days from 8AM to 4PM by prior arrangement. We ask you very much to arrive on time.
Additional instructions and information
- The books you will order may include books from the reading room on the 3rd floor (unless they are not from the Pedagogy Collection). These books will be available till December 11, but without the possibility of renewal. You can borrow up to 5 books.
- Please, keep an eye on the due date (you can find it in your reader’s account) and possibly extend it, if it is possible. We no longer automatically renew books.
- Currently, it is not possible to provide access to long-term loans of the university staff (i.e. it is not possible to arrange their loan).
Please direct any questions about loans, prolonging loans, returning books or reserved books at email@example.com or call 57 603 4805 or 57 603 2889
What about the overdue fines for the late return of books?
During this extraordinary period, there will not be any fines for the late return of books. The fines that accrued before this date remain. They will start accruing after December 4.
What about the requested books?
If you have requested a book and you have received the confirmation that this book is ready for you, contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or on the numbers: +420 57 603 4805 or +420 57 603 2889.
What about the interlibrary loans?
If you have ordered a book from another library, we will inform you about the status of processing. If you have any questions, please use the e-mail email@example.com or the phone numbers: +420 57 603 4904 or +420 57 603 4804.
What about the documents intended for employees?
Please send your questions about If I currently have books at home that will need to be returned, what should I do?the documents intended for employees to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone numbers: +420 57 603 4805 or +420 57 603 2889.
Large supply of electronic resources for worse times
We managed to make a large number of resources that are available to you online from the comfort of your home.
Please return books to the return machine, which is located on the right side of the ground floor of the U13 building (behind the cloakroom). The U13 building is open every day from 7AM to 8PM.
Computers and a printer
The printer and computers on the ground floor of the U13 building remain accessible. Everything works the same way you are used to from the library (you need your student card to use the printer). Use them only for the necessary time and please do not stay in this building unnecessarily.
TBU University Press and Library Store
You can use the online services that the university press has for you (e.g. order a cheap print). Write us an e-mail at email@example.com. The library store with promotional items is closed until futher notice.
We will inform you if there are any changes in the operation of the library or university press. Please follow the library’s web site at knihovna.utb.cz. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or using the phone number 57 603 2889.
Thank you for your understanding.