The library is coming back almost in full force ♥ See it!
There is never enough good news. And we have one for you. After a break, the library returns to usual operation and banishes your hunger for books and other services. However, it is necessary to follow certain rules and accept some limitations. Do you want to know more about what we have prepared for you? So please read on.
Starting Monday, June 1, 2020, the library will return to usual operation and will be open from Monday to Friday from 10AM to 4PM. The second floor will be completely ready for you. You will not lose books and services from reading room on the 3rd floor. The 4th floor will be intended for consultations of students who need advice and help with printing and binding of their final thesis. This operation mode will run until Friday, July 3.
Lending books and library services
It will be possible to borrow books in the usual way from the open shelf collection and depository of the library at the lending desk in the library. From Monday, June 1, it will no longer be possible to order books for picking up, we are returning to the self-service :-). It will no longer be possible to borrow books from the reading room on the third floor.
# How will the 2nd floor (self-service loans) work?
The second floor is completely ready for you, so you can choose the books you would like to borrow, pick up your reservation, pay fees, process the output protocol and use a computer and printer. You can also borrow magazines and daily press from the 4th floor to study in the library. However, please follow the following rules:
- please, do not enter without a face covering and wear it during your stay in the library,
- please, use compulsorily hand disinfectant when you are entering the library,
- the disinfection is also prepared for you in the library, please use it,
- please, keep safe distance and approach individually and separately to the desk,
- use only selected places to study and work with the computer (please do not change the location of study places and do not manipulate the chairs),
- use primarily non-cash method (your credit or student card) when you are paying,
- please listen to the instructions of the librarians at the lending desk (thank you for that).
# How will the reading room work?
The reading room on the third floor is still closed. But don’t despair. If you need books from the reading room to study them only within the library or you want to use a service (book scanner, PC with standards, reading room for students with special needs), please contact the librarians at the lending desk on the 2nd floor. They will help you. You can order books to study in the library in advance at email@example.com (write us a list of books that have a location in the reading room and the day you come to study, don’t forget to add your name so we can get to know you :-)) and then you will pick them up at the loan desk and you can go study. The important thing is that it will no longer be possible to borrow books from the reading room and take them home, you can only study them on the second floor of the library.
# And what about the 4th floor of the library?
Even though we know that you love our relaxation zone, gauching is really not possible yet. The fourth floor will be intended only for consultations of students who need advice or help with the printing and binding of their final thesis. This is the right place if you do not know how to print, order, deliver your assignments or pick up your thesis. The fourth floor will be open from Monday to Friday from 10AM–12PM, 1PM–3PM. Please follow these rules:
- please, also follow the hygienic rules here (face covering, hand disinfection, safe distance),
- stay on the floor only for the time necessary to process your order,,
- we prefer the non-cash method whey you are paying, in exceptional cases, you can also pay in cash.
All information about printing and binding of final theses is ready for you on our website.
Please return books in the first place to the return machine, which is located on the right side of the ground floor of the U13 building (behind the cloakroom). In case of any problems with your return or other requests we will be at your disposal at the lending desk.
Can I use the computers and printer when the library is closed?
If the library is closed, you can use the computers and printer on the ground floor of the U13 building. Everything works the same way you are used to from the library (you need your student card to use the printer).
Additional instructions and information
- For other books that you have borrowed, please keep an eye on the due date (you can find it in your reader’s account) and possibly extend it.
- Currently, it is not possible to provide access to long-term loans of the university staff (ie it is not possible to arrange their loan).