Great news! We are (kind of) back and we look forward to seeing you again!
We have great news for you! The library is back (albeit only partially) and is ready to borrow you books again. How it will work?
Starting Monday, April 20, 2020, we will be lending books from our library again. However, the library’s premises remain closed (so unfortunately there is no wandering on the floors or couching on the fourth floor :-(), only the main entrance to the library will be accessible.
How can you borrow books?
Books that you have ordered in advance by e-mail will be available from Monday to Friday from 10AM to 2PM at the lending desk. Priority is given to students in the final year of study (who are writing their theses), but we are happy to serve all other students as well. So, how to order books?
- Click on our catalogue to find books you would like to borrow.
- Write us an e-mail to email@example.com with a list of books you would like to prepare (just copy the book citation from the catalogue), your card number (mostly 28xxxxxxxxx) and your name and surname (you can add some nice message eventually :-)).
- Wait for us to reply to you that everything is ready to be picked up.
- Then there is nothing to prevent you from picking up books (if you don’t like opening hours, you can arrange an individual pick-up date).
- Before entering the library, please follow the instructions on the information tables.
Of course, you can also return books. Please return books only to the return machine, which is located on the right side of the ground floor of the U13 building (behind the cloakroom). In case of any problems with your return or other requests we will be at your disposal at the lending desk.
Additional instructions and information
- The books you will order may include books from the reading room on the 3rd floor (unless they are books from the Pedagogy Collection). These books will be available for 30 days, but without the possibility of renewal.
- The loan period for books that you have borrowed from the on-site reading room on the 3rd floor has been extended to May 15, 2020 (these books must be returned within the specified deadline).
- For other books that you have borrowed (mostly from the open shelf collection), please keep an eye on the due date (you can find it in your reader’s account) and possibly extend it.
- Currently, it is not possible to provide access to long-term loans of the university staff (ie it is not possible to arrange their loan).
- The loan period for books that you have already borrowed from the on-site reading room on the 3rd floor has been extended to 15 May 2020 (these books must be returned within the given deadline, they cannot be extended).
- Of course you can come and pick up the books that were returned and that you had reserved.
- We still have a great deal of online services and resources ready for you.
- Students who are going to do the final exams and are writing their bachelor and diploma theses can use the services of our university press, which handles everything on-line, contactless, quickly and at great prices.