Interlibrary Loan Service for Individual Users
You can use the Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) if you need a book that is not available in our library collection.
Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) within the Czech Republic
- Before sending an order, it is necessary to check the TBU Library catalogue to find out whether the document is available in our Library.
- Otherwise, it will not be possible to fulfill the ILL request.
- You can find the order form in our catalogue.
Five requests of ILL ordered from libraries in the Czech Republic per semester are free of charge, for each next you pay CZK 50. The lending period is determined by the lending library. Overdue fines are imposed according to their price list.
There is a fee of CZK 50 charged for each ILL item that you don’t pick up.
International Interlibrary Loan Service (IILL)
If the document is not available in any library in the Czech Republic, it can be ordered from abroad through IILL.
- Users submit their requests for documents in the same manner as in ILL. That means, you need to fill out the order form in our catalogue.
- The only difference is that it is necessary to note that the service requested is IILL.
- Books from abroad are always charged, the price is between CZK 300–600. In case of articles from abroad the price is CZK 10 per page (the fees are listed in the Price List included in the Library Rules).
- A fee of 150 CZK is charged for each uncollected IILL item.
More information on ILL/IILL
- Any orders are binding for the users.
- If user wants to cancel their ILL/IILL request, they are required to inform us by e-mail at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- In the event that the order is not cancelled and the user does not collect the required document, the library may refuse to fulfill any future requests they make.
- ILL/IILL documents awaiting collection are stored at the lending desk on the second floor. You will need your student’s card when collecting your reserved item.
- When collecting the borrowed items, the patron agrees to return them undamaged and on time.
- The lending period is determined by the lending library.
If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask our staff:
International Interlibrary Loan Service